The Nester issued a challenge: show off your best mistreatments. I don't profess to be a professional mistreater like she is, but I do try to follow in her footsteps. So far I've only attempted window mistreatments, but I do have grand plans for something bigger, better and beyond my imagination. If only I could figure out what it is!
Anyway ... here's a walk down memory lane with my mistreatments.
My first attempt at a mistreatment - the master bath window. I took a two by four and stapled on material. My dear husband pounded some nails into the wall for me so the wood could sit on them. You'll see that it wasn't my best effort. It looked good at first, then I took it down to paint and for some reason, never found the time to re:treat it once I put it back up. That was a few months ago.
Here's the next project - faux blinds in the playroom. Please oh please ignore the cedar. Really, little fingers and cedar INDOORS in the middle of suburbia don't mix. I could see if we lived in a log cabin somewhere. But no ... neighbors to the left, neighbors to the right, neighbors to the north, neighbors to the south. Anyway ... I digress. I simply used staples and glue on the valance over the blinds then hung them back up. I used safety pins to pull them up on the sides. Viola! $38 later I have something to be proud of on the four playroom windows.
And last but certainly not least is the mistreatment for my laundry room. It cost me $3 and an assortment of stick pins and push pins. Yep, pinned it straight to the wall. The pom pom is also pinned on. No glue, no thread, no nothing.
Hope you've enjoyed my Mistreatment 2008 tour. Stop on by soon to see what else I'm up to!