Devastating news today. A three month old baby in True's daycare class died last night (Thursday) from bacterial meningitis. It was like someone threw a bowling ball at my stomach when I found out this afternoon. For a moment, I lost my breath and the world stopped. My knees buckled in disbelief. My heart twisted for those poor parents who yesterday had chubby arms and legs to hold on to, but today are planning a funeral for their sweet child.
How unfair. And unreal. It happened overnight so there was no time to process what was happening. I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around this. Maybe because I am mad at God for doing this. Or maybe because it hits so close to home.
Life goes on. Now we watch True like a hawk since he has potentially been exposed. We took him to a kids' emergency room this evening where he had a blood culture taken and a dose of precautionary high-powered antibiotics. Pray this bacteria does not show up in his samples.
How to install pretty landscape lighting
15 hours ago