Monday, July 21, 2008

Oops, I did it again

I'm on a roll with the home improvement gig. Yesterday I finished painting all of the door frames that were still wood. Now, the only wood trim left in the house is the doors. The new ones are in the garage. I'm just waiting on Shawn to paint them and put them up. To give him a little credit ... he did cut the holes, etc. in a few of them this weekend. Hopefully by next weekend I'll be able to post a pic of how the new doors have completely transformed my house. For now, salivate over this.

I know you want these doors, right?! What a throw back to the late 70s/early 80s. I have nothing against these doors. They open and they close. They even slam very well because they are hollow. But man do I think they are ugly.

After I gave myself a pat on the back for finally finishing some painting, I decided to make another curtain. My poor plain laundry room needed a little inspiration. Even after my 15 minute mistreatment it still needs something (some paint maybe?!). But, at least I have a little ray of sunshine now. Even better, this little mistreatment only cost me about $3. It's held together with stick pins and push pins.


I think my next project will be doing something with these cabinets. I have the same ones in the kitchen and I painted them creamy white. But these are calling out for something a little more creative. I was going to decoupage diamond paper on them, but now that I put up that curtain material I don't think diamonds along with diamonds will work. I'm just not sure.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin