Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sheeeerrrryyy, Sherry Baby

Ugh. I cannot get this song out of my head. Probably because I got to be an adult last night and see:

All I can say is that I know why it won the Tony (I think it was last year). I love music of all kinds ... and to me this is TIMELESS. I knew Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons did quite a few songs, but even I learned something last night. Did you know they also sang:
  • Cant' Take My Eyes Off You
  • Big Girls Don't Cry
  • Who Loves You (this one is running a close second to Sherry).
I've been singing Legally Blonde for the last few weeks (much to Mallory's chagrin; okay so she sits in the back seat and screams to the top of her lungs when I sing. I really am not THAT bad. I think. Growing up my catch phrase was, "I can sing." People looked at me like I was crazy. ) ... and I think Jersey Boys has overtaken it. Wow. That was an interesting sentence.

Even better than the music was that I got to treat my mom. These are the songs of her era. She kept reminding me how she grew up with them. And she was in awe and absolutely loved it. Even sang along to a lot of the songs (I felt like pulling a Mallory!) I am grateful that I get to do things like this for her.

Anyway ... I must be in a Broadway phase right now. I'm off to NYC tomorrow for a client meeting and have luckily arranged to stay over Tuesday night to see Spamalot. Not my first choice. I really wanted In the Heights but tickets were very difficult to get for it. Oh well, can't go wrong with Spamalot. It won the Tony for some reason, right? Guess I'll let you know. So, probably no blog update from me until at least Wednesday when I get back.

Shawn is going to have it pretty easy while I'm gone. Mallory left today to spend the week with my mom and dad. So, he's "bach"ing it with True. This should be fun to hear about when I get back. :)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin