Sunday, July 20, 2008

Daddy isn't allowed anymore

Let's just start off by saying that now I know why many mommies choose NOT to rely on daddies to get certain tasks done. A lower chance of disaster. And let me tell you, we have had a slight disaster around here. You may think I am exaggerating, but just keep reading and review the exhibits. I have learned my lesson and from here on out will happily take on all tasks related to personal grooming of the children. Now, bet you want to know why I am talking about this.

Late last week, my (not so) dear husband and I were talking about how True's hair needed to be trimmed. Just a trim to get the hair out of his eyes. Shawn agreed. I agreed. Shawn stepped up to the plate and said that he'd take him on Saturday to get a hair cut. Since we had agreed upon what needed to be done I thought it would be nice for him to have a father/son bonding moment. Not to mention the fact that I already had a cut and color scheduled for Saturday at the same time. However, this is what really happened.

Exhibit A - My sweet baby before haircut (and his perpetrator)

Exhibit B - My (insert adjective here) baby after haircut

I guess in Shawn's world this constitutes a trim?! I'd say more like a scalping. It's a good thing that Mallory didn't really need a haircut. What would she have looked like?

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin