Thursday, September 18, 2008

Nine Years of Wedded Bliss

Happy Anniversary to us! Nine years ago today, at just about this time, I was a little frenzied with wedding prep. I believe I was in a panic over the fact that I could not find my knee highs (yes, so I'm a little redneck, so what?). Luckily, the best sister in the world sent my then very young nephew who was a newly-minted driver to Wal-Mart to pick up a $.33/ball of sheerness to save the day.

Most of our wedding day is but a fuzzy memory now ... but I do remember a few things.
  • Shopping trip. My sister and I got up and went to the mall the day of my wedding. It was so fun. I got a free makeover at Estee Lauder (my makeup was flawless!) and bought some jewelery to wear that day. It was great to share that time with my sister.
  • Rushing to decorate. I'm not sure how I ended up on decorating duty, but had to go to the florist, church and reception site to "fluff." It made the day feel rushed.
  • Trying not to giggle during the ceremony. See, I had had a dream a few weeks before that I busted out laughing. Of course, during the *actual* ceremony, Shawn and I looked at each other at the same time with the same thought of that dream. Man was it hard to stifle those giggles! Maybe that explains the next bullet.
  • "Let us pray." I like prayer. Have nothing against it. But, really Rev. Webb, did we need 5,000 prayers during the ceremony? I guess he thought we needed a "little extra" help from the man above.
  • Forced presenting. We were forced to sit for oh ... what felt like most of the night and open gifts from people who had not been able to attend a shower because they were from out of town. It was nice that they thought of us, but really I would have rather been dancing.
  • Tennis shoes and knee highs. After we cut the cake, I politely asked Shawn if he would put on my tennis shoes and spare me the pain of high heels. I was really comfy the rest of the night.

Lots has changed in nine years ... infertility, two babies, houses, cars, trips ... the list could go on and on. But one thing that hasn't -- I still love you, Lobby/Goose/whatever your name is!

Shawn did well in his celebratory prep ... I woke up to a pretty bauble and then got flowers at work.



(I tried to take a pic of the bauble and the iPhone just cannot zoom in close enough to get the detail with no fuzzies. Sorry.)

Saturday night we're going to celebrate with a fine dining experience at The Capital Grille. It's been a good nine years ... here's hoping the next nine are even better.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin