Friday, September 26, 2008

In-house Political Pundit

I am a republican. Always have been. Hate to say I always will be because well ... never say never. Needless to say I am a McCain/Palin supporter. I've even helped Shawn see the light and he is coming over to the "right" side. :) But I think we have a problem and may need an intervention. I wouldn't normally find this a problem. But it's the second time it's happened.

Incident #1 - A few months ago, we were reading the paper and there was a picture of Obama on the front page. Mallory looked at it and said, "I like Brakack Opama." The world started spinning ... really, I am not lieing.

Incident #2 - We were watching the debate tonight. It was over, I was having a hey-dey messaging with my girl Cheryl. When all the sudden I heard, "I LIKE BRRACCKAKKA OOOKKBBAAKKKAMMMAA." I had heart palpitations. And I think my blood pressure rose a teensy tiny bit.

So, my daughter is now my political enemy. My own little pundit walking around the house .. and I can't turn her off like I can the TV. Well, enemy may be harsh considering she's not quite four and doesn't understand what really liking a candidate means. But, is this just the beginning? Are we going to be polar opposites on life views? I guess I was with my mom. Oy vey. It's going to be a wild ride with this child.

To make me feel better, I think I am going to take the view that she is doing this just because it riles me. You know ... kinda like when she goes around the house saying "Hook `em Horns" and then giggles in her little evil laugh, all the while knowing I have been trying to get her to say "Sic `em Bears" for months.

2 comments:

Frankly Ronda said...

Too funny!

Frankly Ronda said...

Too funny!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin