Monday, July 06, 2009

Follow up on the Fourth

I went into the fourth not feeling great. Sore throat, snuffy/runny nose, ringing ears. I think I may have picked up the strep that Mallory was diagnosed with earlier in the week. Regardless, I decided to pick up a home improvement project. More to come on that later in the week.

On Friday, I told Mello we may meet them at Hawaiian Falls (a local water park). But, I woke up just not feeling it. The stuffy nose and aforementioned home improvement project had something to do with it. Wish I would have felt better, but I couldn't imagine sitting outside in 100+ degree heat with my head issues (no jokes here, please).

But for the fourth, we stuck close to home (and the neighbors). The day started off with the annual Fourth of July Parade. Mallory woke up on the wrong side of the bed and avoided the camera like it was the plague. True didn't know what he was in for.




I was sorely disappointed in the parade. It has been much better in years past. After the parade, we spent the rest of the afternoon in our neighbor's back yard. They had their Sunday school class and some other friends over. It was miserably hot but had a great time. I don't say "we" because Shawn spent most of the afternoon at home. Truett was tired and needed a nap, and to be honest, Shawn did too. The boys finally came over around 3ish and hung out until we decided to come home just after 4p.


We spent the rest of the night hanging at home. I would have liked to go see fireworks, but all the heat had sapped my energy and to be honest, True needed to go to bed. So, it was a pretty uneventful fourth. I am counting that as a good thing though.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin