Monday, February 23, 2009

Slug

This should probably be my new nickname after this weekend. I made it from the bed to the couch, from the couch to the chair, the chair to the bathroom and then back to the couch. The only thing of substance I did this weekend was go to the grocery store on Saturday AM ( and bake blueberry muffins. (Side note: I think I will start going to the store @ 7:30 a -- you can see EVERYTHING on the aisle since it's a ghost town.) I didn't take a picture at all, spent some time talking on the phone, and hugged and kissed on the kids a lot. Oh, and did a lot of mindless TV watching. Cause you know, I needed to catch up on my Lifetime movies. It was great. All in all a good weekend.

On the mom news front, she was released from the hospital on Friday. I've just received a text from my sister that they are pulling out of Florida and are on their way back home to Texas. Finally ... I'm hoping we can start closing out this chapter and start a new one soon. Of course, there are still many hurdles to jump. Mom is so weak she can't hardly do anything by herself. But that should rectify itself in time. Let's hope so anyway.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin