Sunday, February 15, 2009

The world is right once again

It's been a week since I posted about my mom. The lack of info on here is due mainly to the fact that I spend the majority of my extra time on the phone with people giving updates. By the end of the day I am just kind of done talking about it to be honest. But, the good news is that last week they took her off the vent. Over the last few days she's been eating, sitting up and talking. Yes, the world is right once again.

She is still very, very weak. So weak that she has to have someone feed her. But I am not complaining. She's also still on a BiPAP machine (similar to the CPAP they use for people with sleep apnea). It doesn't breath for her but helps to eliminates some of the work. Once she is off of that she can move from ICU to a regular room. I'm hoping that comes sooner than later, but I guess it will happen in its own time.

I can't wait for her to come home.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin