We had an emergency request from a client to fly down to Houston for a Monday morning meeting. So, Monday morning we caught the 6:15a flight. Yeah ... it wasn't a happy time for me. I really never want to see 4a on the alarm clock. Shawn on the other hand was pretty happy because he got to sleep in (he usually gets up @ 3:30 - 4), even if he did have to trade off getting the kids ready for a few hours of extra sleep.
It was a pretty run of the mill trip until we hit the rental car place. I know the economy and markets aren't doing well ... but when did Hertz start passing these out when you exited the rental car property?!
I also took a few pics of Reggie, my boss, in action. He was working hard, as you can tell. Of course, he had no idea I was taking pictures.
Then I came home and did five loads of laundry.
I fought some fires at work and then came home and finished folding laundry. Good times.
Well, it's turning out to be a pretty good day. But the to-do list grows longer. I'm avoiding it and trying to run as far as I can. Hence the randomness of this blog entry.
THURSDAY AND FRIDAY
Well, who knows what will happen the next two days. I know I'll be cleaning the house as we have a playdate with Ava and Kennedy on Saturday afternoon. Wouldn't want them to know the truth about my housekeeping abilities so it will take me some time to make the pig pen presentable.
MISC INFO AND RANDOM THOUGHTS
- Mallory has moved up to the next class @ pre-school. Hew new teacher is actually accredited but couldn't find a job at one of the local school districts. All is going well and Mallory seems to responding well to Ms. Mandy.
- Why didn't any of you people with kids warn me about the "look at me" phase? I think my child is the most beautiful little girl in the world, but I really don't need to look at her every five seconds while she pretends to dance, be the next Nastia Liuken or pick her nose.
- Maybe Mallory is going to be a fashion model. She's taken to stripping down and putting on random outfits from the dress up chest. Then she parades through the living room shaking her hips. Honestly, she's pretty good at it. Maybe we should work on that a little more so we hit supermodel status. Then she could support mommy and daddy?!
- We've changed classes at gymnastics as well. Her coach said it was time to move up to the next level of challenges so off we go. Starting this Saturday.
- Mom is doing well. She's getting stronger every day. She can get up and down from the couch and chairs. This morning I called and she was in the kitchen waiting on dad to serve her eggs. I won't touch that one.
- Shawn is prepping for his trip to Moab this April. This is going to sneak up on me. While I'm not looking forward to keeping the kids by myself for a week I know that he will have sooo much fun. Plus, it's good to have "guy time."
- I'm looking forward to my "girls" trip to Central TX at the end of April. Three girls, a car and an open road. Trouble with a capital T!
- One day I will have something really interesting to say. Until then I am glad you all keep coming to read!