Thursday, October 30, 2008

Open wide

I am happy to report that I have officially received my first sickeningly, slobbery open mouth kiss from Truett. You know what I'm talking about. I had just gotten home and True was on Daddy's lap, lounging on the couch. I ran over and started loving on him and the next thing I know the wide open black hole is coming at me. And he did it again and again and again and again. I'd say, "give me a kissy" and he'd obey (good boy!). I think I have the sweetest little boy on earth. But I'm thankful that I bought the Kleenex bundle at Costco last week!

In other True news ... his new favorite word is "tha?" Always said as his finger is pointing to something. He wants to know what everything is ... if he'd only remember so I didn't have to repeat it 20 times. Sometimes I find that he asks me so many times I just start numbly answering ... sometimes giving the wrong answer. Funny how tuning out and turning off can do that. I certainly hope I haven't screwed him up for life. Picture this when he's in third grade ...

Teacher: Boys and girls, what is this on the wall (pointing to a clock)?
True (raising his hand impatiently): I know, I know ....
Teacher: What is this, Truett?
True (knowingly): It's a turtle.
Teacher (laughing in her head): No, it's not.
True (again, nodding knowingly): Yes, my mommy told me it was when I was 16 months old.

Okay ... so that scenario is a little far-fetched, but I do fear that I need to pay more attention to my precious one. Maybe I can just blame these little things on Mallory? She does so delight in teasing her brother (all in the name of love). I wouldn't put it past her to play some type of joke like this on him in the future.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin