Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Green thumb, after all

I've been known to kill all green things. At one point in my formative years I seem to remember the family joking about it. But, I think I've come a long way in the last few years. I submit this hibiscus into evidence:


I counted 15 blooms on it. 15 y`all! I just adore looking at this plant. The kids do too. Mallory likes to pick flowers for me. Truett is a copy cat. I have finally convinced them to leave this one alone. Especially since they killed the few remaining pansies I had earlier this year. I did like having those pretty purple flowers in the house though. Getting flowers from the kids is like my own badge of mommyhood. I must be doing something right.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hibscius is my favorite plant/flower :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin