Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Two down, how many more to go?

It's been a tough month here at work. Why? We've lost two people out of our practice, both of whom are very close friends. I don't want to feel like their leaving is a betrayal, but honestly it's hard not to. I keep telling myself, as I have done many times before, it's just business. But, we all know it's not always just about the business. It's about the people.

Most of us just manage to muddle through our jobs on a daily basis. Honestly, how many people can say they really love what they do? Not too many. The only reason we typically stay in a job is because of the people. Now, I have to start all over with a new set of "people." I am not one for change these days and I'm being forced into it. Maybe change is good for those who left, but what happens to those you leave behind?

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin