Monday, July 16, 2007

Welcome Truett Joseph Tinkham

Our little man made his way into the world on June 5, 2007. We made it to the hospital at 5:45a to be induced, but actually didn't get started until just after 8a. At 9a Dr. Hays broke my water, by 10a I had an epidural (hey ... you don't get a medal, right?!). There I lay for hours and hours and hours with no progress. Finally, at 3p I felt some changes and by 4p we were about ready to go ... just needed Dr. Hays to arrive. Good thing her office isn't far because all the laughing I was doing was pushing him out (yep ... you are jealous of this birth story, aren't you?). It was amazingly easy (only three pushes) and I'd do it again in a heartbeat if each birth could be like that. Anyway ... I'm not the star of this show anymore ... baby brother is.

The stats:
  • June 5, 2007

  • 4:23p

  • 7lbs 12oz

  • 19.75"

Mallory is in love, but is a little green with jealousy. The longer Truett is around the worse it gets. Resistance is futile though and eventually she'll accept it!


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin