Saturday, June 24, 2006

Decisions, decisions

Shawn and I just seem to keep walking in circles when it comes to the house. Why does the same idea just keep circling back around? We're once again thinking about putting the house on the market. Here are just a few of the reasons we're coming full circle:

1. Commute. I have a 45 min drive each way. That's an hour and a half a day that I miss out on time with Miss Moo. 7.5 hrs a week. Think of what I could do with that time. The only problem with gaining these extra hours is that I would have no excuse to NOT cook dinner (or have Shawn cook it!).
2. Play space. We are being over run with Mallie's toys. No, she really doesn't have a ton of toys, it's just that I want my own "adult only" area where I don't have garish primary colors staring out at me and where I don't have to stub my toe on a mislaid block, car, __________ (insert wayward toy here).
3. Stuff. I'll admit it with my head held high: we're collectors. Okay, let me first admit that while I do collect it's really Shawn that has the problem. You should see the crap he brings in (and what he talks me into keeping) because we "might need it one day." I've finally come to the conculsion that most things can be replaced in the event we might "need it one day."

So, the realtor came over today and talked about prices in the neighborhood, etc. It's not a good story right now and we have a lot to think about. In the meantime, know anyone who wants to buy a house in the DFW area?

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin