Saturday, June 24, 2006

Becoming a big girl

So, a few Saturdays ago it happened. I wasn't expecting it AT ALL, but time has a way of sneaking up on you. What is it you say? Well, Mallory walked into her room all the while muttering "night, night". What happened next is what amazed me. She climbed into her big girl bed. The crib just wouldn't do ... when I tried to lay her in it you would have thought she was in the Fifth Ward and was too scared to stay there by herself. So, the big girl bed it was.

I ran out and bought one of those toddler rail things (oy vey it's ugly!). But, if it will keep my baby from rolling off the side of her bed like a pebble rolling down a hill I guess I'll take it.

It's been a few weeks of the big girl bed and it's going great. Guess this is just like everything else Mallie does ... she does it on her own terms. It's a sigh of relief that I didn't have to do the transition myself, but boy am I in for surprises over the next few years.

Now, if she could only take this attitude about potty training.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin